I see a lot of those programs on TV which talk about flipping houses. It is pretty plain and straightforward at the most basic level. You get a house that needs a little work, then you paint the orange county shutters and do some landscaping. You have to think about a lot of things which are not all that obvious however. It is never so simple as some of those talking heads on TV make it out to be. Of course the one thing that is really going to make a limit to most houses is location. For example if you buy a house and do everything that can be done to make it more valuable, that may not really make much difference if the houses to either side are shacks. If the guy next door just has a bunch of junk laying around, that is going to have a very negative effect on the value of your house. Anything like that is going to hurt you. The worst thing would be if the place is in a poor neighborhood with significant crime rates. Continue reading “How Do You Make Money on Houses?”
In the recent past, home improvement service has been quite on the rise with many people coming up to start selling home improvement products as well as these services. This has turned out to be a very lucrative business with good returns. If you happen to be looking out for a good and cheap provider of home improvement service, there are several sites which you can look at in the internet. Once you get to the search engine of your choice, you cannot miss to see all the organizations and companies offering home improvement service. Similarly, you can also get this information from advertisements and the press.
Any business owner who runs a home improvement service should also run a store to sell home products. This is irrespective of whether you are offering your services online or offline. A person who sells construction supplies should make sure that he or she achieves great sales turnover by observing the following rules. You should first check out for construction companies which will buy from you. You must treat them kindly so that they become your regular customers. The other group of people to check out for is the construction workers who do the actual work at the site. Thirdly, the most important group is the homeowners who require most home improvement construction.
However, any improvement service provider should conduct a research to verify all the potential customers. A good example of home improvement service is offering advice on home restructuring and remodeling designs. To ensure that you give quality services, you have to narrow down to a specific group of customers. Put all your focus on individuals who want to sell their houses, the ones who are looking for good houses to buy, and those ones who want an expert to remodel their homes. These are very potential customers who can help you earn more than you expect.
After you have identified what improvement service you ought to be looking for, you should now proceed to determine how much you should pay for the service. If your desktop has a leads generator, then it will be quite simple for you to access the best home improvement service provider. This will save you a lot of time and the amount that you would have paid a professional to do the work for you. With such programs installed on your computer, you are assured of quick results with a single click of your mouse. For a faster research, make sure you know the keyword phrase, e.g. remodeling, home improvement, construction repair and others.
Use of related keywords helps you to see all the entire posts on the internet. It is upon you to determine whether the sales leads are worthy or not. After you get the best, you can send the provider an email before logging out of the program. At the end of the entire program, you should have secured yourself a good and cheap deal. Take some time and learn all these tricks through the internet.
What’s the difference between a general contractor and a skilled worker in carpentry, electrical, plumbing or one of the other construction trades? One answer is “a contractor’s license.”
Another answer is that a general contractor is a tradesman who at some point asked him or herself the question, “Why am I giving a big portion of my salary to the general contractor when I could BE the general contractor?” They get their license and bingo, a general contractor is born.
Well, there’s probably more to it than that, but the fact is that many GCs did begin as tradesmen and tradeswomen and at some point decided they wanted to run their own business.
In a big construction company, there is a “project manager” that deals with the day to day details of one or more projects. A project manager may or may not be a tradesman but usually does have business management skills. A big company must run several jobs at a time to meet its expenses.
A general contractor who came up as a tradesman probably only has one or two jobs going at any given time.
What do these differences mean to you as a homeowner, you may be wondering.
Depending on your preferences, the size and scope of your home improvement project and your budget, the difference between hiring a small company (essentially a licensed tradesman who is also a general contractor) and a larger construction company can be great.
Each type of company has its advantages and disadvantages.
As a rule, larger companies have greater capacity. They probably have tradesman in all of the various fields on salary. As a result, when it’s time for a particular phase of your construction or home improvement project to begin, that phase is more likely to begin and finish on or closer to schedule.
On the other hand, smaller companies with a reputation for doing good work often have salaried staff as well, or at least, an available pool of skilled tradesman at the ready to come to work on relatively short notice.
Are smaller companies with their smaller overhead more likely to give the lower price?
Although larger companies do sometimes have more leverage on materials pricing and labor costs, in general, it’s probably more likely that a contractor/tradesman will be more inclined to bid lower, especially in tough economic times.
Larger companies have staff, departments and department heads. Bigger organizations, if they are run well, usually lead to a more efficient process. But often, efficiency can be in place of the personal touch.
Contractor/tradesmen, on the other hand, are used to dealing with homeowners. They may be more patient, amenable and even economical with regard to changes you may have over the course of your construction or home improvement. But are they effective managers of time and resources or just good tradesmen? Maybe yes, maybe no.
The bottom line is that when you’re planning a construction or home improvement project, and you begin your search for a general contractor, meet both large and small companies.
Think about your needs, interview a number of prospective companies, large and small, and get a feel for what’s right for you.
As a business owner you obviously want as many home improvement sales leads as possible because leads turn into sales and sales equal income! There are lots of ways to market a construction type business in order to get consumers to call on you, but which ones work and which ones are a bit expensive for what they deliver in terms of generating quality leads? Well these 4 key points or tips can give you some insight of what resources are available and which ones are the most effective when you are looking to gain focused construction, siding, windows, plumbing, or other type of handyman leads for your company.
1. One item is clear and that is in order to have an effective sales and marketing campaign now days you need to have an online presence, regardless of what type of company or service business you are running. You may ask why this so crucial because you may be used to just always following the path of some small or large phone book ads and maybe a few radio advertisements. The fact is more and more consumers, potential clients, and other people in need of specific services search online everyday in order to find businesses and companies who can provide quality and proven service in their area.
2. Hopefully we can assume you have heard of Google, Yahoo, and Bing, the most powerful and widely used search engines on the internet. Some where close to 70% of all online users search Google for business services everyday and the other 25% use Yahoo or Bing! And to take that a step further, it has been said that more than 50% of consumers will do some research online before choosing a construction company to work with and pay for before they call them. The reason for the large number of online searches as opposed to the old, some what out-of-date, yellow pages is that consumers and prospects can find out so much specific information about a company before they decide to call and speak with them. The internet is a way that can save people lots of time searching for exactly what they want where as with a phone book or yellow pages they can only see a small portion of information and in most cases just a your company name and phone number! When someone in need of home improvement help goes to Google and types in “home improvement companies in their area” Google will only show the top 10 most relevant results (same for Yahoo! and Bing). With the yellow pages there can be hundreds of choices to pick from and it’s tough to know which one has the exact services that you are looking for, you can see the internet cuts out lots of wasted time filtering services including wasted time on the phone.
3. If you own a home window replacement company in Des Moines, IA and a home owner uses Google and types in “Des Moines home window replacement” you can’t get a much more focused lead than that. And the cool part is if you have a good online marketing presence and have an easy to read website with you service information on it you could be one of those top 10 companies on the front page results for that prospect’s search! That consumer or lead is looking for what you have and because you have a home improvement website that lists all of your services and specialities you will get a call and have a much higher rate of closing a deal and making the sale than if they just looked up home repair or window companies in the phone book! Some home construction companies in the phone book don’t offer window replacements but the only way a homeowner knows that is to call and find out, if that same person types in “window replacement in Des Moines, IA” they know that any of those 10 companies have exactly what they want! That is why you need to be online and especially on the front page of Google results.
4. How can you start marketing effectively online and more specifically with Google in order to get these targeted sales leads? There are many options available, some more expensive than others. The main question you need to ask yourself is how much is one good home improvement sales lead or call worth to your company profits? Once you get a call what are your skills or abilities to close the deal and make the money instead of your competitors? The best way to get these types of sales leads for any type of business, whether it is windows, doors, home siding, or home remodeling services, is to get your company website on the front page of Google! If you don’t know how to get ranked on Google you should find an experienced and reliable company who can do it for you. Remember 50% of people search the internet these days (and that % continues to rise every year) instead of finding companies with out-dated forms like the phone book. The phone book ads can cost thousands of dollars a year and sometimes hundreds or thousands per month, getting results and a presence on Google or online in general can be much more cost effective and profitable in the short term but more importantly in the long term!
Keep tips in mind when thinking about your marketing campaign online or more specifically with Google or any sort of lead generation campaign. Find and talk to a company who can get you results for home improvement sales leads online so that you are one of the top 10 in your area. See if those same online advertising specialists can also make you a website, rent you one that already gets local home servicing leads, or if they can help your existing site. Having a website is only effective for getting new leads if it shows up during a prospects search. Find a company and call them up to let them know what kind of results you are hoping to achieve online and then ask if they can help or improve your chances of getting your piece of the online home improvement sales traffic!
There are millions of people every year who look into fixing up their home or building a new home from the ground up. Whether you’re starting out from scratch, or are working on a home you’ve lived in for quite some time, a few universal tips can go a long way. This is especially true if you’re looking at hiring contractors for larger scale construction projects. The reason why you will want to do some preliminary thinking is because you will have to live with the results, and more than just living with them, you’ll have to pay for them. Even if you decide to do all the work on your own, you’ll have to invest heavily in the cost of updating, remodeling, or even starting construction projects. With that in mind, consider the following 3 things that will help you get things rolling and keep them going until the end.
- Shop Around – The first tip for anyone that wants to get construction moving is simply shop around. Whether it’s supplies, or general contractors, make sure that you spend some time looking around and comparing all available options and resources. Do not simply go with the first option, as you might find out that there are a lot of other choices that may be better for your particular needs. The reason why you want to shop around is because it will give you a clearer definition of cost and ideas.
- Estimates – Shopping around is great, but you really should remember to get written estimates. Without an estimate, you will not be able to understand the costs associated with any size construction project. Get estimates in writing and make sure that you get a fully itemized list of labor and supplies. Use that to make an educated decision on how you move forward. It’s good to know that reputable contractors for home remodels will happily give estimates if you ask for them.
- Budget – The last thing to consider is something that many overlook at first. There’s nothing worse than having to stop home construction because you don’t have the budget to complete the job. This might seem rudimentary for some people, but for others this will be a great tip. Set aside a modest budget with a little extra, just in case something arises amidst efforts that will need additional payments. Do not under estimate the cost of your project, because you will be left with a job that is incomplete, and getting additional financing options can be difficult.
The above 3 things to remember are just a few tips that will guide you through the process of home improvement. They are just the beginning, as home construction costs can rise exponentially and cause a lot of headaches if done with haste. Making an educated decision moving forward, and setting up the right tools for success requires a little bit of forethought. Do not, under any circumstances, make haste and leave behind important details. If you aren’t sure how to approach anything, make sure to ask questions during any estimate or supply purchase. It’s never a bad idea to cover things at length, just to ensure high quality output.
New construction home loans are not the same as your typical, everyday home loans. They tend to have different requirements and adhere to different rules. If you wish to know more about new home construction loans, read on. You just might find an easier way to own your dream home.
The Definition of New Construction Home Loans
When you ask for this type of loan, you’re asking the mortgage provider to give you the money you need to build your own home.
The Basis of Approval
First and foremost, your mortgage provider would require a detailed explanation as well as accounting on the estimated costs for your home-building project. They’d want to know how much experience you have in the field of construction, how much you estimate you’re going to spend on your house and how it’s going to look in the end.
Only after you’ve passed the initial screening, they ask you to submit the usual documents that would enlighten them about your earning capabilities and credit reputation.
The Types of Construction Loans
There are different types of construction loans.
A construction to permanent loan is a two-in-one loan ideal for most people since it would only require you to submit documents and pay closing costs once. This type of loan is a combination of a construction loan and permanent financing. Rather than applying for a construction loan initially, then following it up with a typical home loan, an approved CTP loan can help you save money and time.
A remodeler loan is a second mortgage that’s designed to provide financing for a home improvement or remodeling project.
A bridge loan allows you to use the equity on your present home as down payment for your new home.
Lastly, a lot/land loan gives you the resources to buy land instead of building a home.
More and more people are changing how they live in their homes. For one, if they have the resources, they would remodel their home. Home improvement addition is a booming consumer insight. More and more construction companies are emerging through this need. Most homes would remodel their gardens by adding landscape, some would remodel their garage, and for others, the kitchen and bathroom.
The receiving area, the dining area, the bedroom, the kitchen, and the bathroom are places in your house that is always stayed in. There have been many revolutionary ideas in improving the aesthetics of the receiving area, the dining area, and the bedroom. You can move furniture and fixtures in any part of the room without the need of contactors or designers. All you need is creativity to spice the idea and work it in your room. But how about the kitchen and the bathroom? You must think twice.
In the bathroom, you can change the setting of your toiletries, change the curtain window or change the shower curtain. But can you alter the position of your tub or your toilet seat? Then you’re bored.
In the kitchen, you can switch the plates and the cups of the kitchen cabinet and place it at your counter top. But can you put the kitchen cabinet anywhere else – imagine it if it is built-in? Majority of the kitchen furniture is bulky and almost everything is fixed. Now you’re even bored.
As you continue of thinking how to manage the set up of your bathroom and kitchen, suddenly the light bulb fired, you now have the solution: call a construction company with expertise in home improvement.
There are some full-service, licensed and insured construction company that specializes in residential construction that is listed in your area or you can look it up on the internet. The greatness of residential construction is the craftsmanship in building, remodeling, and repair works.
In a research done by Renovation Experts, Residential Design & Build magazine, Qualified Remodeler and Kitchen & Bath Design News magazine among Americans that have kitchen remodeled, the contemporary theme ranked as the top preference. Per se, a home remodel is home improvement. The idea of doing it is to transform the room into something that you desire.
RECREATING YOUR KITCHEN — There are too many cases of plain or unattractive kitchens. The best way not to be trapped with this kind of scenario — think of modern kitchens. Modern kitchens favor functionality and urbanity. If your kitchen looks great but still doesn’t function, the money you’ve spent for kitchen remodel is wasted. In remodeling your kitchen: make space; think of kitchen cabinet remodel; build an island, a countertop or a breakfast bar; consider using durable materials and materials that wont harm your children; allow lighting and ventilation for your kitchen. If you want to follow kitchen trends, you can liven it with
RECREATING YOUR BATHROOM – When remodeling a bathroom, think of ventilation and the water system as two of your factors. You can totally change the look of your bathroom depending on your style, but still coherent with the theme you have on your entire house. There are many creative ideas if you want to remodel. Some clients wanted to have the feel of a spa in their bathroom. It can be done. But the cost may extend. Think of quality and durability and leisure. Indeed, some of us read something while using the lavatory, so it depends on you if you want to add a built-in mini-rack for reads. Or if you want to spice up the room, you can add appliances in it like towel warmer, a waterproof built-in TV, heated floors, LED lights for walls or ceilings, or a spa bath.
So, before you contact the residential construction company, plan, plan, plan on bathroom remodel and kitchen remodel. If you are residing in LA Country, Orange County and Ventura County in California, please visit this site on residential construction.
In an effort to catch dishonest contractors and put an end to their fraudulent actions, Pennsylvania has enacted the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act. As of July 1, 2009, the Act requires all contractors who perform $5,000 or more in home improvements annually to register with the Attorney General’s office. Registered contractors must now carry at least $50,000 of personal injury liability coverage and $50,000 of property damage coverage.
Registration with the Attorney General only costs $51, but the new law also affects remodelers in other ways. For instance, due to new requirements in the consumer-protection laws, construction contracts in Pennsylvania must be longer and become more detailed. This has a downside to contractors as a 17-page contract can appear mighty intimidating to a homeowner. The additional contract pages were added to include supplementary and updated clauses in Pennsylvania law. For instance, up to now, contractors were required to provide a single-page right-to-rescind clause in their contract. The new law identifies specific right-to-rescind language that has to appear in 10-point bold type directly above the signature line. The arbitration clause isn’t enforceable if this right-to-rescind notice doesn’t appear in 10-point bold type.
The new act also requires a long list of disclosures to appear in every contract – such as the start and finish date, names and addresses of subs, insurance coverage, and even a phone number for the Pennsylvania Bureau of Consumer Protection. Without these disclosures, a construction contract in Pennsylvania is null and void. Even worse, if a home improvement contractor doesn’t comply with the Home Improvement Protection Act, and a dispute occurs, the property owner has the right to recover thee times actual damages as well as attorney’s fees.
Home improvement contractors who don’t comply with the act should be prepared to work for free should something go wrong; the owner will have them over a barrel. And the fines are tough: if the work is for over $2,000, a violation can become a third degree felony.
The Pennsylvania Home Improvement Protection Act may end up misleading remodeling clients who often choose their remodeling contractor based on bid price. Contractors who don’t carry insurance are unlikely to register with the state. These contractors will have less overhead and will appear attractive to bargain-hunting homeowners as they can easily be the low bidder on many home improvement jobs. Registered contractors are required to carry liability and property damage insurance, increasing the overhead costs they must add to their bids.
Pennsylvania is unique in its stringent homeowner protection requirements on remodelers and contractors. For the contractor it represents a new burden: not only does he have to carry at least $50,000 of personal injury liability coverage and $50,000 of property damage coverage, he now has to hand a potential customer a 17-page contract that may be a deal breaker – even if it is required by Pennsylvania law. And for this contract he has to hire a lawyer well-versed in the changes in Pennsylvania contract law. The new law has made Pennsylvania lawyers very happy.
Emulsion and paints on the walls are fading. Plumbing system is not working properly; leaky roofs and damp walls making the home a nest for molds and mildews; cracks on the exterior wall are prominent and the window sidings are broken. Yes, your home is looking ugly and sick; you need to give it a face lift.
Home improvement and home remodeling are done to renovate the exterior and interior of your home. At the same time, it helps you add some extra space some times. Planned remodeling can effectively increase living space. Adding a roof over an open place or constructing a door at a suitable position can allow you make full use of available area.
To keep your home in good shape you need to repair your home at a regular interval. All the homeowners go for home improvement at least once in a year or two. Home remodeling not only keeps your home in right condition, but makes it attractive and good-looking as well.
Apart from thorough home improvement and remodeling, you may need to repair small constructional problems through out the year. Leaks, small cracks, wiring defects etc. should be addressed as soon as they are detected. Otherwise the small problem can lead to serious damages later on.
Home improvement is a wide and extended process; it’s not all about repairing concrete walls and applying paints. Properly planned home improvement makes your home look esthetically correct. Apart from constructional retouch, residential remodeling adds a theme to your home.
Hence, while remodeling your home, you need to consider every facets of the building. Constructional defects, paints, windows, window sidings and shutters, furniture, garden and garden furniture, patio and deck, awnings and canopies, curtains and upholsteries, electrical wiring, plumbing works, functionalities and safety and security – all the areas should be thoroughly checked for any scope for improvement.
Make sure your home reflects your taste and culture. Choose the color schemes according to your likings. The room for the kids should be designed and decorated with pictures of cartoons, animals and birds painted on the walls. And in the patio or porch, decorate the ceiling with hanging plants.
Hundreds of thousands home remodeling tips are available to help homeowners make their homes look better. For decorative part of home improvement, you need to consult exterior and interior designers. For constructional works, you have to look for local home remodeling contractors [http://www.realreferences.com]
Residential contractors also help homeowners repair constructional and wiring defects. Since home improvement or remodeling is not a regular process and generally done once in years, you should be careful while choosing the home improvement contractors and designers. Consult local business directories or search the internet and hire reputed professionals to get best result.
Home improvement can be expensive and take up a lot of your free time, yet many people never consider hiring a contractor to oversee larger home-improvement projects.
Why Should You Hire A Construction Contractor?
A contractor, in very basic terms, will be able to take the project you’re desiring to have done and do several things with it:
- Estimate time and materials needed
- Figure out how many other construction professionals will be needed
- Come up with a bidding price for all of the above
- Complete the project as scheduled once a contract is signed
Because home-improvement and construction projects are a contractor’s area of expertise, it will take them far less time to plan and execute the project. They have the knowledge and the experience to show for it. You, on the other hand, are an expert in other areas – finance, real estate, family, custodial duties, and so on. Not only will you have to learn aspects of the project you’ve never dealt with before, you’ll also end up spending far more time, and possibly money, than you would otherwise. Especially when things go awry – and they always do.
How To Find A Construction Contractor
Finding a contractor is a whole different ballgame. Fortunately, it’s one that’s gotten much, much easier over the past thirty years. There are two main ways to get in touch with a contractor.
The first is to grab a phone book and start cold-calling. If you know of someone who’s just completed building their home, or doing major home-improvements, ask them for any recommendations.
The second way to approach finding a contractor is to the use the Internet. Due to the popularity of auctioning sites like Ebay, where one can sell just about anything, home-owners and licensed professionals are taking the idea one step further: auctioning off construction projects. Home-owners can now go online, and with a few clicks of the mouse, post their projects. Once posted, contractors and licensed professionals can then bid on them.
Hiring a contractor to take care of your major home-improvement projects makes sense. Not only is it their area of expertise, you’ll be more likely to have your projects done well, in a timely manner